LightSpeed LIVE Streaming TV Beta Release Announcement
Introducing LightSpeed LIVE -- a new service designed to bring you the best of TV streamed live over your LightSpeed Gigabit connection, without the need for Cable TV bundles, satellite dishes or HD antennas.
Stream your favorite live channels to any connected TV, in real time and with stunning HD quality. All you need is the LIVE app and a ROKU streaming player. The LIVE app and service is available exclusively to LightSpeed Gigabit Internet subscribers.
LIVE is expected to release to a limited "beta user" audience on April 2, 2017. Widespread availability is expected soon.
To kick this off, we're recruiting beta users to help us test the system. We need 100 current LightSpeed customers willing to kick the tires and tell us what you think. You get 2 months of free service and special "early adopter" pricing if you decide to continue as a paying subscriber. There is no obligation to keep the service after the trial.
Interested in testing the LIVE service? THE BETA HAS CLOSED - Sorry, no new users are being accepted for the Beta release at this time.
- You must be a current Lightspeed Gigabit subscriber in the LANSING area.
- You need a ROKU 3 (or better) streaming player: Full equipment compatibility here.
- A commitment to providing feedback about your experience, including responding to surveys.
- Agree to maintain confidentiality.
- Random participants may be asked to participate in focus groups.
- There is no obligation to continue using the service after the free beta period.
- If you have any questions, please contact us via email to email@example.com
- What is LightSpeed LIVE? LIVE is a streaming TV service bundled with LightSpeed Internet that brings your favorite live TV content via an app running on your ROKU player.
- What TV channels do you offer? Our channel lineup is available here.
- Can LIVE replace Cable TV? Absolutely! LIVE is not cable TV. It's better, because it brings live TV channels to your streaming device (ROKU). That means you can watch ESPN, BigTEN and all the local broadcast TV channels on the same device you already stream Netflix, Amazon, HULU and other favorite ROKU content all in crystal clear HD quality.
- Does LIVE have local channels? Yes. For the initial launch, national networks may be offered temporarily. But local affiliates in each LightSpeed market will be added as the rights are secured.
- What about DVR service? We got it! LIVE includes cloud-based DVR features with 7-days of FREE storage. Record single episodes or an entire series with two clicks of your ROKU remote.
- Can I buy the service now? LIVE is currently offered in a closed beta only. But you can apply to join the beta release! (Sorry, the beta is closed at this time.) We hope to begin offering this service to all Lansing area customers very soon.
- Where is service available? The LIVE beta is available for Lansing area subscribers only. Service is expected to rollout to all LightSpeed markets later in 2017.
- What is the cost for beta users? Nothing. Nada. Free. All you need is a ROKU player (model 3 or higher.) You will get 2 months of free service. After the beta test, you will be offered special early-adopter pricing to continue using the service. There is no obligation to continue after the trial.
- What is the expected cost after the beta? Prices are expected to start at $19 per month. Final pricing will be published later.
- I have multiple ROKU's, how will that work? Every LIVE subscriber can stream on up to 5 ROKU devices simultaneously.
- Why is this needed with Sling, PS VUE and Google out there also offering live streaming? There are many awesome streaming services and we hope you will select ANY one of them instead of CableTV. We love them all. The reason we partnered with LIVE was to fill the demand for local content and create a more seamless experience for our customers. LIVE intends to offer all local broadcast channels (NBC, ABC, CBS, FOX) as well as educational and government programming.
- What does this mean for your continued support of Sling or PS VUE? LightSpeed Gigabit Internet is optimized for all major streaming service providers. We love and support them all equally. Empowering consumers with CHOICE is at the heart of our company's culture. There are distinct advantages to each streaming service and with a LightSpeed connection, you are free to try them all and select the one best for YOU. LIVE is just one more option.
- Does LIVE offer on-demand? Not at this time. With Netflix, Amazon, Hulu and hundreds of other ROKU apps offering inexpensive or free on-demand content, we do not think there is any need.
- What about devices other than ROKU? At this time LIVE only supports ROKU. However, we intend to rollout support for Android TV, Apple and other mobile devices very soon.
- Did LightSpeed create this app/service? No. The LIVE app and TV service is provided by a third party CDN, just like Sling or PS VUE. However, LightSpeed partnered with the CDN provider to install specialized equipment at our network core that enables a seamless experience for Gigabit subscribers to receive the highest quality TV streams only requiring a ROKU and the LIVE app. The partnership also enables us to bundle the LIVE services on a single bill at affordable prices. LightSpeed does not own or directly provide the TV service in the LIVE app but the tight integration with our network and billing systems creates a seamless experience for our customers that we think you will love.
Have more questions? Please email all LIVE related questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.