LightSpeed LIVE IP TV Early-Access
Looking for LightSpeed.LIVE service?
- Do you already have our Internet service? Existing LightSpeed Customers: Click Here to Sign Up FREE for 7-days!
- If you do NOT have our Internet service, Click here to subscribe.
- Our full channel lineup is available here
Introducing LightSpeed LIVE–a new IP streaming TV service designed to bring you the best of live TV over your LightSpeed Gigabit connection, without the need for Cable TV bundles, satellite dishes or HD antennas.
Watch your favorite live channels to any connected TV, in real-time and with stunning HD quality. All you need is the LIVE service and an approved player, such as ROKU. The LIVE app and service is available exclusively to LightSpeed connected subscribers.
Current LightSpeed customers can subscribe now during our early-release phase. We call this "LIVE Early Access." The service is in the final phases of development and not ready for full release, but as an early-access subscriber you are getting early-access pricing in exchange for providing us feedback and helping perfect the service. During this phase, you get access to all features, including DVR, full channel lineup and the ability to watch LIVE TV on over 100 channels now!
Early-access is available now. Final release is close - the service is almost perfected, but we're still tweaking a few things.
To kick this off, we're allowing early-access subscribers the opportunity to kick the tires and tell us what you think. In exchange, you lock in "early adopter" pricing for 1-year.
There is no obligation to keep the service. Service terms are month-to-month.
- You must be a Lightspeed Gigabit subscriber.
- You must have subscription to one of our IPTV service packages, which also includes extended “Anywhere” service
- An Lightspeed approved set-top box or for extended “Anywhere” access, you need a ROKU 3 (or better) player: Full equipment compatibility here.
- A commitment to providing feedback about your experience, including responding to surveys.
- Random participants may be asked to participate in focus groups. You're not required, but we hope you'll help us out if asked.
- Support is available via email and text messaging. Please contact us via email to email@example.com or send text to +1-517-325-0491
- What is LightSpeed LIVE? LIVE is an Internet based TV service bundled with LightSpeed Internet that brings your favorite live TV content using streaming devices and an app running on your ROKU player for “Anywhere” service.
- Do you have BIG TEN NETWORK? Yes. In all packages.
- Do you offer Fox Sports Detroit? Yes. Fox Sports Detroit is available in the premium package.
- What other TV channels do you offer? Our full channel lineup is available here.
- Can LIVE replace Cable TV? Absolutely! LIVE is not cable TV. It's better, because it brings live TV channels to your home in stunning HD over your LightSpeed connection. That means you can watch ESPN, BigTEN and all the local broadcast TV channels on the same device you already stream Netflix, Amazon, HULU and other favorite ROKU content all in crystal clear HD quality.
- Does LIVE have local channels? Yes. Local affiliates are available in the Lansing market now. LightSpeed will be adding Detroit, Flint and Grand Rapids as the rights are secured.
- What about DVR service? We've got it! LIVE includes cloud-based DVR features with 7-days of FREE storage. Record single episodes or an entire series. The DVR service is not intended to replace HULU or other on-demand apps available on your ROKU.
- Can I buy the service now? Yes, LIVE is currently offered in pre-release phase to early-access customers willing to kick the tires and help us prepare for the full release. Existing customers can Click here to order! If you're not a current customer, just click "Sign Up" @ www.golightspeed.com and select LIVE early-release during your order process.
- Where is service available? LIVE early-access is available for all LightSpeed subscribers.
- What is the cost for early-access users? $30 per month for BASIC service. $40 per month for EXPANDED service. You need a ROKU player (model 3 or higher.) We recommend ROKU 3, 4 or ROKU ULTRA. Other models have a remote control that lacks navigation buttons (A/B buttons) important for use of the app. The A/B buttons are used to page through channel lists. Without A/B buttons, it will still work fine but you will need to scroll up/down through channels one at a time.
- What is the expected cost long term? Final pricing will be published when the early-access phase ends.
- I have multiple ROKU's, how will that work? Every LIVE subscriber can connect up to 5 "Anywhere" devices simultaneously. (Roku's, iPad's, laptops ...)
- Why is this needed with Sling, PS VUE and Google out there also offering live streaming? There are many awesome streaming services and we hope you will select ANY one of them instead of Cable TV. We love them all. The reason we're offering LIVE is to fill the demand for local content and create a more seamless experience for our customers. LIVE offers all local broadcast channels (NBC, ABC, CBS, FOX) and soon will bring on educational and government programming. We are not trying to replace HULU, Netflix or any on-demand service, we aim to complement them.
- What does this mean for your continued support of Sling or PS VUE? LightSpeed Gigabit Internet is optimized for all major streaming service providers. We love and support them all equally. Empowering consumers with CHOICE is at the heart of our company's culture. We are not trying to replace these services. There are distinct advantages to each streaming service and with a LightSpeed connection, you are free to try them all and select the one best for YOU. LIVE is just one more option.
- Does LIVE offer on-demand? Not at this time. With Netflix, Amazon, Hulu and thousands of other ROKU apps offering inexpensive or free on-demand content, we do not think there is any need.
- What about devices other than ROKU? At this time LIVE recommends ROKU for TV viewing at your residence. For viewing on your computer, you must use a modern web browser that supports HLS streaming like Safari or Chrome. There are also iPad and Android apps available in the app stores.
- Did LightSpeed create this app/service? No. The LIVE IPTV service and LIVE app is provided by our partner organization. However, LightSpeed installed specialized equipment at our network core that enables a seamless experience for our subscribers to receive the highest quality TV signals. The partnership also enables us to bundle the LIVE services on a single bill at affordable prices. LightSpeed direct connection to our partner broadcast center provides the TV service and the tight integration with our network and billing systems creates a seamless experience for our customers that we think you will love.
Have more questions? Please email all LIVE related questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.